Introduction – Rachel

Hello everyone! I’m from Nebraska and have been enrolled in the EBOT program since May of 2017. So far, I’ve completed two Applied classes, seminar in EBOT and Intro to EBOT with the field study in Hooper Bay.

I’ve been learning from and teaching about herbs for over 20 years and established an agri-tourism business called Red Road Herbs Retreat & Learning Center 10 years ago, with the help of my husband and daughter. We have herb garden tours, retreats, classes and nature-based events. Now, my grandchildren also help with events and harvesting.

I’m a bio-regional herbalist and specialize in prairie plants. My favorite herbs are worthy weeds, growing in abundance, and ignored as nutritional and medicinal plants. An interest in Native American culture and the connection as a child drew me into the world of plants

Although I’ve been studying plant uses for many years, I’m new to the science of botany.  I look forward to meeting and learning from all of you. So far, the classes have such a great diversity of people and knowledge. I’m sure this one will too.

Me and my oldest granddaughter, Caydence

2 Comments

1. Welcome Rachel,
    looks like you have a long history of working with plants, how fascinating. I applaud your drive to take it further by learning more details about plants. I am looking forward to seeing the abundance and diversity of your biomes in Nebraska.

Comments are closed.