Happy summer everyone:)

I was born in the Yukon, and was raised in the bush by two biologist/botanists, so this feels a bit like coming home:) It will be like hearing my milk tongue again after so long….I learned to say ” Zigadenus elegans Pursh ” before I knew how to tie my shoes. My dad still quizzes me from time to time:) Ironically, both of my folks graduated from UAF in the 60’s. I now live in Juneau. I have albums and albums of botanical photos from all over the world…I even know what some of the subjects are (squinty, smiley emoji here). I have been hard at social sciences for 5 years now academically, and I work with people all day long (and I do love them, I really do), but the idea of spending quality time with plants is positively delicious in contrast right now! I am very much looking forward to this class and exploring with- and getting to know some of you! If anyone is in Juneau, and is interested, we could meetup for collecting and whatnot.

Cheers!

Amy

2 Comments

1. Welcome Amy, wow, that sounds like a wonderful childhood. A bit what our three kids have been through, traveling the world in pursuit of plants. It is a fabulous way to get kids honed into organizing skills and just plain old observational skills, and it keeps the hikes interesting. Love your images, some nice carnivorous plant pics.

Comments are closed.