Introduction

My name is Allison.  I have been an Alaska resident for almost 20 years.  I graduate high school in Anchorage, and started working seasonally around the state.  I’ve worked at Glacier Bay National Park, Talkeetna, and Denali National Park, where I fell in love (with the area and my partner) and have lived in Healy ever since.  I live with my partner, my wonderful dog, and very cuddly cat in our cozy home together.  We’ve been working hard this summer to expand our garden area, and have planted many flowers to attract beneficial insects and increase plant diversity.

I currently work in banking, though it is my dream to operate a market farm for cut flowers and vegetables.  Last summer, I attended a two week intensive farmer training course at Calypso Farm and Ecology Center in Ester, Alaska, including a basic introduction class on flower anatomy.

I am still waiting for my microscope to arrive in the mail, although I’ve received a macro lens that will do until it arrives.

I am so very excited for this course, and even though it is not a required course for my degree, I’m thrilled to have the opportunity to learn about the native plants and increase my knowledge on a subject I’m passionate about!

One comment

1. Welcome Allison, sounds like you are really passionate about Alaska, the outdoors and plants! I hope your dream of working the land and owning a farm for vegetables and cut flowers will soon be realized. Cheers, Steffi.

Comments are closed.