Introduction

Hi everyone!

My name is Katie, I am from North Carolina and Ive lived in Alaska for 2 years. I spent 6 years on the road hitch hiking and hopping freight trains, and while I was doing that I would carry a book with me about local flora based on the region of the country I was in. When I had free time I would pick out 3 plants and try to identify them, memorize their medicinal uses and if they were edible or not. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. My favorite plant is Yarrow (Achillea Millefolium). I have always made salves or sprays out of yarrow and use it on wounds! It always works really well in fast healing and preventing infection. But I also really love Azaleas so I decided to upload a beautiful photo of some in North Carolina.

I look forward to learning with you all and thank you for reading!

One comment

1. Welcome Katie,
    what an adventure you had exploring the world. Glad you made it to Alaska and are able to join us in this class. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. I have not used yarrow but it is very plentiful around Fairbanks. I am fascinated by the different color morphs you can find in the wild. Of course the horticulture industry has explored those tremendously, but once in a while you will find a pink morph among a field of white yarrow, those are special plants.

Comments are closed.