Introduction

My name is Kristin Haney. I moved to Fairbanks 21 years ago to study NRM at UAF. I took Systematic Botany and as many plant related classes as I could during my first time around as a student. I have had lots of amazing experiences here in Alaska. I guided horseback tours in the Alaska Range for a few years. Beside riding horses, which I love, my favorite part of that ‘job’ was observing the incredible flora. Much of my employment and interests have been in agriculture. I worked on a market farm and in a commercial greenhouse. I am currently a research technician at the UAF Experiment Farm. My work involves grain breeding and soil/cover crop research. I am the director of Growing Ester’s Biodiversity Seed Library. This is a passion project and I enjoy every minute of it! I also enjoy gardening and berry picking with my family. I live with my husband and 3 boys in Ester.
My favorite plant is dogwood. My grandparents had a beautiful dogwood tree in their front yard. Every time I see our little Cornus canadensis it reminds me of them.

A patch of Cornus canadensis growing in my yard

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *