Intro from Josh

Hi everyone! I am an anthropologist with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Office of Subsistence Management. I finished my PhD in ethnobiology at UAF in 2016 and my research focus was in ethnozoology, not the more common ethnobotany. Though I currently work as a social scientist, I also have a master’s degree in biology. Despite the degrees I never had the opportunity to take many botany classes. I have always enjoyed exploring the floral world, especially doing some hobby identification of wildflowers every spring and summer.

I currently live in Eagle River with my husband Dustin, our two dogs, and our large flock of chickens. Dustin and I just got married last Saturday so things have been a little hectic recently. I am also starting a new job in two weeks as the Regional Subsistence Manager for the National Park Service. I’m excited to be a student again too and to learn more about Alaska’s flora alongside of other distance learners.

One comment

1. Welcome Josh! Wow, you have been busy. Congrats on getting married and the new job! I hope you will have some time to go over the materials and immerse yourself in all botanical matters that this great state has to offer. Cheers, Steffi.

Comments are closed.