Greetings and Happy Solstice!

To whomever reads this, hello! I am writing this post from Avondale, Nova Scotia (Mi’kma’ki territory) in Canada. I was planning on being a lot closer to Alaska this summer, in northern B.C., but alas COVID-19 altered my life, like many others. I am thrilled to be learning about how to Latin names, dissection and ID of the plants around me.

I grew up in central Canada (Saskatchewan) and spent some time in B.C., the Yukon and Eastern Europe before settling in Halifax for university. I’m in my last year of a BSc at Dalhousie University in Halifax, studying Environmental Sciences and Biology. I love to write, explore places outside and acquire skills that allow me to participate in life more self-sufficiently. This summer I am working full-time on two organic farms, spend my spare time running, hiking or swimming (with a few tosses of my fishing rod).

Look forward to getting to know all of you more!

2 Comments

1. Welcome! I loved reading your post about your adventures in college. Sounds like you are really setting yourself up for an adventurous time after college, perhaps graduate school with the sorts of skills you are acquiring. I hope this course will further excite you to always keep plants as a central role in your studies. Looking forward to your posts on plants from Halifax.