Intro

I’m originally from Switzerland and have lived in Alaska for quite some time. In summer I run a hostel in Seward, where I meet travelers from all over the world. I enjoy hearing their stories and helping them to experience the area. I really appreciate living near the ocean and mountains. After all these years I still sometimes have to pinch myself and remind myself, how lucky we are to live where we live.
I usually spend winters at a cabin near the Matanuska Glacier, where I used to homeschool my children. They are both grown now, so I have more time to pursue my own goals. I enjoy being in the outdoors, hiking and camping, and I love learning about edible plants, food gathering and medicinal applications.

Here is the lens I am going to use on my phone, between two blocks.

my.lens

One comment

1. Welcome Susanne,
    it is so interesting to hear the many stories from students taking this class. The outdoors and plants do attract a nice mix of interesting people. Glad you are able to participate in this lass and I hope it is useful for your continued emersion in all things plant-related in Alaska.