Introduction

Hi everyone. My name is Maison Anderson. I have lived in Alaska my whole life, I was born and raised in Valdez, AK and am currently living in Anchorage, AK. I love Alaska and the outdoors. I spend a lot of time camping during the summer, I actually just got back from a camping trip. I also spend some time in the fall hunting. I also like wildlife photography and it has grown to be my favorite hobby. I’m really excited to observe the plant life as well as the animals life when I am out and about.

I don’t really have a favorite plant but I like anything with really big leaves, so ferns or plants you might find somewhere tropical. I think it is really cool how those plants sometimes use their leaves as a funnel to obtain water. An Alaskan example would be the poison ivy plant as those leaves can grow to a fairly big size.

Here is a picture of what I believe if fireweed from my camping trip this weekend. I really like this plant since it has so many flowers.

One comment

1. Welcome Maison,
    Yes, we have such a wonderful backyard to explore in Alaska. Please try to respond with an image so that you can upload images to your posts, this was required for this assignment. Any pictures from your trip will be fine. The plants that funnel water are very cool, in the tropics there are special drip tips that actually function to relief the constant dew and water away from the leaf surface. Below Liquidambar gracilipes from SE Asia, a sweet gum with long drip tips.