Hello!

Good Morning,

It is a pleasure to meet all of you.   I am Sydney Thielke and I work for the USFWS at the Regional Office in Anchorage.   I was born and raised in Homer, but now live in Palmer with my husband and pups.   We love being outside as much as possible and I am excited to learn more about the flora in my own yard.   My plant experience is pretty well centered around the high desert of central Wyoming and there are not many sage-brush species around my house in Palmer.   So, I am really looking to get to know the forbs better and if I expand my trees and grasses knowledge that will be a great plus.   None of my orders have arrived yet, so a picture from my outdoor office will have to suffice.

One comment

1. Welcome Sydney, no worries, your outdoor office looks like the perfect set-up for making plant observations, and you should be able to do most of your work with your phone before your lens and dissecting kit shows up. You can chat some with Kris, who lives in Wyoming and reminisce about the flora of Wyoming :).

Comments are closed.