- A: Plant with cones – Plant 1
- A’: Plant without cones – B (Plants 2, 3, and 4)
- B: Plant has no petals – Plant 4
- B’: Plant has petals – C (Plants 2 and 3)
- C: Plant has white flowers – Plant 2
- C’: Plant doesn’t have white flowers – Plant 3
Awesome key! I like how simple you kept it, and without much botany background, someone coudl easier use this to ID plants 1-4. The only thing I might change, would be using a specific colour, as in purple, instead of ‘not white flowers’. Great job!
I too like the straightforward setup of this key. However, I think using a color as the prime, I.e. purple is too limiting when using the key for a wider application.
The way you formatted this key makes it easy to understand and follow, specifically how you indicate the next letter to move to. I also thought it was unique that you focused on the large elements that are obvious and known to anyone, a cone is easy to spot, and petals are nicely separated by colors. I’d love to see more detailed keys that follow your format!
I like it. It’s easy to read, but I do have to agree about the color. I would add a little color to it even if it’s just a shade.