Hello

Hi, I’m Alissa. I live in Bountiful, Utah and am currently a student at Weber State University. I am doing a double major in  Botany and Anthropology and am the Botany Club President. I should be graduating in Spring 2019 as long as I can pass my nemesis Chemistry and O-Chem. Once I graduate I am planning on going on to Graduate school. I really am interested in Paleo-Botany or Ethnobotany. I also am the assistant lab and greenhouse manager  for the botany department. So,I have access to some great equipment. However, I did buy the lens for my phone and love it. I showed it to our taxonomy professor and he had me suggest it to his class. I have taken many botany classes here at Weber, but I love learning new things all the time. I’m very excited to see what is beyond my borders. My husband lived in Alaska for a few years and is always telling me how beautiful Fairbanks is, I always imagined snow & conifers. My pictures are from our greenhouse on campus

Echinocereus subinermis
Echinocereus subinermis

One comment

1. Greetings Alissa, welcome! Gorgeous Echinocereus, love cacti from my time in graduate school in Arizona. Looking forward to seeing some of the Utah flora. Please take some pictures of Ephedra, although it is probably already passed “flowering” in most places, but perhaps you can get some of the strobili in seed.

Comments are closed.