Hello!

Hi all!

My name is Elias, and I currently reside in Anchorage, which is where I have lived my entire life (with the exception of my four years in undergrad when I lived in Bellingham, Washington). As I just graduated about a year ago, I am still figuring out what I am doing with my life. I like to spend as much of my spare time as possible outside hiking in the mountains, and I’ve always been curious about the things I see around me on my hikes. I became interested in plants when I took a biology class during my second year of undergrad that focused on basic plant and animal biology, then last summer I got the amazing opportunity to volunteer up at Toolik Field Station helping out with a plant pluck sorting and identifying different tundra plants, which increased my interest exponentially. My microscope is still coming in the mail so I can’t post a picture of it yet, so instead here are some pictures of flowers I’ve seen on my hikes recently and a picture of me from my time up at Toolik last year. I am excited to take this class and learn more about the plants I see around me, and I am look forward to getting to meet all of you!

One comment

Comments are closed.